Sprint, Evade, Defend, Jump, Roll, Climb, Catch, Throw, Duck, Dive, Slide and Push and Pull…This is GRIT’s Jr Sport Performance Athletic Development program!
This program is designed to prepare young athletes for the coming rigors of sport as well as help deal with the physical and mental COVID trauma our children faced in the last 16 months. It is built upon countless years of research on childhood and youth athletic development and training windows, understanding they are not mini-adults and require a properly designed evidenced-based program that reflects their current physiological and cognitive developmental stage.
All of our youth programs are rooted in fun and focused on creating an optimal learning environment for maximum engagement. We place a strong focus on exploration, physical literacy, building adaptable movers with a sense of time and space and exceptional problem-solvers.
Each session includes:
- motor skill development (jumping, crawling, balance, climbing, catching, throwing),
- speed (racing, chasing, evading, change of direction)
- spatial awareness (being create time and space as offensive player and being able to take away time and space as a defender)
- focus on being confident decision makers in pressured situations and provide athletes with the opportunity to fail and try again and again
- age-appropriate strength training.
These skills will be taught through a variety of developmental programs, such as games, sports, obstacle courses, movement challenges and strength training. The program will be LOUD, FAST, COMPETITIVE and CHALLENGING and most importantly FUN! And although it may be rigorous, it will also be rewarding. Athletes will develop physically and personally; they will learn to “never quit’, learn to embrace the struggle, and build lasting bonds with their peers and coaches. They will learn that sports are not about being the best, but about using sports as a platform to pursue the best possible version of themselves.