The Youth Junior High Performance Athletic Development program is designed upon countless years of research that has gone into childhood and youth athletic development. Children are not mini-adults and require a properly designed evidenced-based program that reflects their current physiological and cognitive developmental stage.
All of our youth programs are rooted in fun and focused on creating an optimal learning environment for maximum engagement. We place a strong focus on physical literacy, building adaptable movers with a sense of time and space and exceptional problem-solvers.
Every Athlete in this program will undergo our unique Assessment and Testing Protocol
GRIT is committed to providing each of our athletes with an in depth and intensive assessment protocol. Our priority in assessing an athlete is to identify imbalances and to address them through improving functional movement mechanics with the goal of creating adaptable, athletic and resilient movers.
- Athletic competency movement screen
- Strength & Performance Testing
- Developmental stage/Sport/Position-Appropriate Programming
- Athlete Profile
The JHP program consists of:
- Pre, During and Post Testing: Athletes will be tested going into the program with specific tests done weekly to track progress using world class sport science & technology equipment such as Force Plates, Timing Gates, 1080 motion.
- Professional coaches with CSCS Certification on a 4:1 athlete to coach ratio, including a professional speed coach and mobility specialist who work alongside our strength and conditioning team.
- Program designed and over seen by Coach Daniel Noble, Co Owner & Director of Athletic Performance
- Individualized coaching and modified programming suited to each athlete’s physical needs athletes.
- Post-workout meal plans can be included in program (at additional cost)
Key development components of the program include:
- Functionally Sound Movement Training
- Speed, Agility and Quickness
- Explosive Power Development
- Functional Strength Training
- Energy System Development
- Linear/Lateral Speed Techniques with Professional Speed Coach
- FRC, Intentional Movement and Mobility
GRIT’S Commitment To Excellence
Genuine and Passionate Coaching | We believe that the true transformational power in our program is our dedicated coaches and our commitment to providing an optimal environment driven by the Athletes desire to get better everyday. All our athletes are closely supervised through out each session and both our coaches and athletes are held accountable to highest possible standard in terms of their effort, attitude and commitment. Our coaches hold athletes’ personal well-being in the same regard as their athletic development and truly believe that “Better People, Make Better Athletes”.
Character Driven | We promote a culture of excellence in all facets of life. We challenge our athletes to be involved in the community, to be leaders on their respective teams and to always leave people, places and things better than they found it.